An Indian film playback singer, actor, lyricst,composer, director, producer and screenwriter Abhas Kumar Ganguly or as popularly known as Kishor Kumar was born on August 3. Considered as one of the most successful playback singers of the Indian film industry, Kishor Kumar never limited his talents only to Bollywood, but also sang in many other languages, like Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati,Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, and Urdu.
An 8 times winner of Film fare best male playback singer, he has a award category on his name,”Kishor Kumar award” by Madhya Pradesh Government.
This multi faceted star of Bollywood has some of the biggest and interesting facts about him. Here is the list of some of the facts about Kishor Da, that we bet will interest you.
Here’s have a look at it:
1. Known as Kishor Daa, his real name actually is Abhas Kumar Ganguly.
2. He once owned Rs.5.75 from his college canteen, which later became the inspiration behind his famous hit ” paanch rupiya barah aana” song.
3. Kishor Kumar never had any formal training in singing.
4. Kishor Kumar had “Beware of Kishor” signboard outside his Warden Road Flat.
5. Kishor Daa’s yodeling inspiration were Jimmie Rodgers and Tex Morton. Yodeled for many of his songs. “Zindagi ek safar” always topped the list though.
6. Huge fan of KL Saigal,Tagore and Hollywood Singer actor Danny Kaye, Kishor Kumar had posters of these three icons in his Gaurikunj bungalow.
7. Kishor Kumar was banned on Vividh Bharti and All India Radio during the Emergency period for once that he denied to endorse then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi’s 20-point programme.
This lovely song compilation of the best of Kishor Daa’s song is a treat to all you lovely readers. Go through it once.