Today is southern superstar Dhanush’s birthday.
This soft-spoken son-in-law of Rajinikanth, Venkatesh Prabhu Kasthuri Raja, or Dhanush as we know him, was born on July 28,1983. His father, Kasthuri Raja,is a well-known director and producer in Tamil industry. The actor is married to Aishwaryaa, daughter of superstar Rajinikanth. They have two sons named, Yatra and Linga.
Dhanush began his acting career with Thulluvadho Ilamai in 2002. The movie, directed by his father, brought him much praise from the critics and audience. Dhanush also tried his luck in bollywood with movies like Ranjhana(2013) and Shamitabh (2015). The actor gained international recognition with his song ‘Why This Kolavari D’. He is seen as the most promising South Indian export to bollywood.
On his 33rd birthday we have some interesting things about Dhanush to share with you that might interest you. Have a look.
- Dhanush met his wife Aishwarya Rajinikanth at the screening of Kadhal Kondaen. So impressed was Aishwarya with Dhanush’s performance that the next day she send him a bouquet and told him to stay in touch. Two years later, both got hitched.
2. Aishwarya is two years older to Dhanush.
3. Dhanush fell in love with a girl when he was 16 but unfortunately the girl dumped him after he failed his Class 12 exams.
4. Dhanush wrote the ‘Kolaveri’ lyrics. And it just took him six minutes to write that song.
5. Like many in the industry, even Dhanush was headed elsewhere before landing in the industry. He wanted to pursue a course in Hotel Management and planned on becoming a chef.
6. In 2011, Dhanush bagged the title of being India’s ‘Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity’ and also became the Brand Ambassador of PETA. Dhanush is one of the few stars who have managed to bag the title of being the hottest vegetarian celebrities.
On the special occasion of his birthday, we wish Dhanush a happy and healthy personal life and a highly successful and gratifying professional career.